Removal & Installation
- Release the fuel pressure.
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
- Remove fuel tank.
- Vacuum area before removing module lock ring.
- Disconnect vapor line and electrical connector.
- Module lock ring contact points.
- Remove module lock ring, using a brass punch and hammer to loosen.
- Remove module top.
- Tip module onto its side to drain fuel from reservoir in module.
- Drain fuel tank, use an approved gasoline draining station.
- Disconnect electrical connector for fuel level sending card.
Remove fuel level sending card by prying on locking tab and pulling card down toward bottom of the pump module.
NOTEThere are 2 locking tabs on sending card; one on the front and one on back.
- Install fuel level sending card to module.
- Connect electrical connector for fuel level sending card.
- Install module top to module, ensure alignment pins are in place.
- Install module into the tank with the level unit towards rear of tank.
- Install a new seal onto the tank, making sure seal is properly seated in tank groove.
- Install module lock ring, using brass punch and hammer to lock the lock ring.
- Connect vapor line and electrical connector.
- Install fuel tank.
- Connect negative battery cable.
- Fill fuel tank. Use the scan tool to pressurize the fuel system. Check for leaks.