Removal & Installation
- Raise and support vehicle.
- Remove tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove bolt and nut mounting link at knuckle.
- Remove bolt and nut mounting link at crossmember.
Although the compression link is different end-to-end, there is no top and bottom.
- Position link and install bolt and nut mounting link at crossmember. Do not tighten bolt at this time.
- Install bolt and nut mounting link at knuckle. Do not tighten bolt at this time.
- Install tire and wheel assembly. Tighten the lug nuts to 100 ft. lbs. (135 Nm).
- Lower vehicle.
- Position vehicle on alignment rack/drive-on hoist. Raise vehicle as necessary to access link fasteners.
Tighten compression link fasteners as follows:
- Bolt at crossmember: 50 ft. lbs. (68 Nm)
- Bolt at knuckle: 60 ft. lbs. (81 Nm)
- Perform wheel alignment.