Removal & Installation
Raise and support vehicle. Access and remove rear shock absorber.
NOTERepair-side of crossmember must be lowered from body approximately three inches in order to properly access link mounting bolts at crossmember.
- Remove nut and bolt mounting link to knuckle.
- Remove nut and bolt mounting link to crossmember.
- Place link in bracket on crossmember. Install bolt and nut as shown in the accompanying figure. Do not tighten bolt at this time.
- Install bolt and nut mounting link to knuckle as shown in the accompanying figure. Do not tighten bolt at this time.
Set repair-side of rear suspension to curb height using following tools:
- Place Receiver, Special Tool 9031-3, cup-side-down over top of crossmember rear mount bushing.
- Place Curb Height Gage, Special Tool 9094, into shock absorber pocket in spring link and opposite end of tool over Receiver, Special Tool 9031-3.
- Install bolt through crossmember rear mount bushing, Receiver, Special Tool 9031-3, and Curb Height Gage, Special Tool 9094. Install wing nut, hand tightening it tools in place.
Move spring link up or down as necessary aligning shock mounting bolt hole with Curb Height Gage hole, then insert pin through both.
Tighten tension link mounting bolts as follows:
- Bolt at crossmember: 50 ft. lbs. (68 Nm)
- Bolt at knuckle: 88 ft. lbs. (119 Nm)
- Remove special tools.
- Install rear shock absorber and components removed to access it.
- Lower vehicle.
- Perform wheel alignment.