- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- At the Power Distribution Center (PDC), remove the Fuel Pump Relay.
- Operate the engine until the engine stalls; then, continue restarting the engine until it will no longer run.
Turn the ignition switch
CAUTIONThe previous steps must be performed to relieve the high pressure fuel from the fuel rail. The following steps must be performed to remove excess fuel from the fuel rail. Do not use the following steps to relieve high pressure for excessive fuel will be forced into a cylinder chamber.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from any injector.
- Connect 1 end of a jumper wire (with an alligator clip) to either injector terminal and the other end to the positive side of the battery.
Connect 1 end of a second jumper wire to the other injector terminal.
WARNINGApplying power to an injector for more than a few seconds will damage the injector.
- Momentarily, touch the other end of the jumper wire to a ground for no more than a few seconds.
At the Power Distribution Center (PDC), install the fuel pump relay.
NOTEWhen the fuel pump relay is removed, 1 or more Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC-s) may be stored in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) memory. A DRB scan tool must by used to clear the DTC-s.