Never remove pressure cap with the system hot and under pressure because serious burns from coolant can occur.
- Disconnect negative cable from remote jumper terminal.
- Drain cooling system.
- Disconnect radiator upper hose from thermostat housing.
- Remove thermostat housing bolts.
Remove housing, thermostat, and gasket.
- Clean gasket sealing surfaces.
- Install thermostat and gasket into thermostat housing. For ease of installation, install bolts in housing for thermostat and gasket retention.
- Install thermostat and housing to the intake manifold. Tighten the bolts to 105 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
- Connect radiator hoses and install hose clamp.
- Refill cooling system.
- Connect negative cable to remote jumper terminal.