- Locate the air filter door on the bottom of the HVAC housing near the glove box area.
- Slide the air filter door latch from the closed stop toward the rear of the vehicle until it contacts the open stop.
- Pull the air filter door straight downward to disengage it from the HVAC housing.
- Reach through the opening of the HVAC housing and pull the air filter straight down and out of the HVAC housing.
The particulate air filter is labeled with -Airflow- and an arrow to indicate air flow direction through the filter. This arrow should always be oriented towards the center of the vehicle. Make sure to properly install the particulate air filter. Failure to properly install the filter will result in the need to replace the filter sooner than required by design.
- Install the air filter upward into the filter opening in the bottom of the HVAC housing. Insert the filter directly into the housing with the arrow on the filter pointing to the center of the vehicle.
- With the air filter door latch still positioned against the open stop, install the air filter door onto the bottom of the HVAC housing.
- Slide the air filter door latch toward the front of the vehicle until it contacts the closed stop on the door.