The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) is a digital computer containing a microprocessor. The PCM receives input signals from various switches and sensors referred to as Powertrain Control Module Inputs. Based on these inputs, the PCM adjusts various engine and vehicle operations through devices referred to as Powertrain Control Module Outputs.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise vehicle and support.
- Remove the left front wheel.
- Remove the left front splash shield.
- Unlock and remove the 4 connectors.
- Remove the 3 mounting screws.
- Remove the PCM.
- Install the PCM.
- Install the 3 mounting screws.
- Tighten screws.
- Install and lock the 4 electrical connectors.
- Install the left front splash shield.
- Install the left front wheel.
Lower the vehicle. Connect the negative battery cable.