The vehicle speed signal is taken from the Output Speed Sensor. The PCM converts this signal into a pulse per mile signal and sends the vehicle speed message across the communication bus to the BCM. The BCM sends this signal to the Instrument Cluster to display vehicle speed to the driver. The vehicle speed signal pulse is roughly 8000 pulses per mile.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect battery negative cable.
- Raise vehicle on hoist.
- Disconnect output speed sensor connector.
- Unscrew and remove output speed sensor.
- Inspect speed sensor O-ring and replace if necessary.
- Verify O-ring is installed into position.
- Install and tighten output speed sensor to 27 Nm (20 ft. lbs.).
- Connect speed sensor connector.
Connect battery negative cable.