On vehicles equipped with airbags, disable the airbag system before attempting any steering wheel, steering column, or instrument panel component diagnosis or service. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery (ground) cable, then wait two minutes for the airbag system capacitor to discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. This is the only sure way to disable the airbag system. Failure to take the proper precautions could result in accidental airbag deployment and possible personal injury or death.
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
- Remove the center bezel from the instrument panel.
- Remove the three screws that secure the A/C-heater control to the instrument panel.
- Remove the A/C-heater control from the instrument panel and disconnect the two wire harness connectors from the control.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Tighten the screws to 17 inch lbs. (2 Nm).
- Calibrate the A/C-heater control.