The tension of the drive belts on these vehicles is maintained by automatic tensioners. No adjustments are necessary.
Drive Belt Routings
Belt replacement under any or all of the following conditions is required:
Poly-V Belt system may develop minor cracks across the ribbed side (due to reverse bending). These minor cracks are considered normal and acceptable. Parallel cracks are not acceptable and require belt replacement.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
Remove the drive belt shield.
CAUTIONNever allow drive belt tensioner to snap back, as damage to tensioner and/or personal injury could result.
- Position a wrench on the belt tensioner lug.
Release belt tension by rotating the tensioner counterclockwise.
- Remove the drive belt.
- Carefully return tensioner to its relaxed position.
- Route and position the drive belt onto all pulleys, except for the crankshaft.
- Rotate belt tensioner counterclockwise until belt can be installed onto the crankshaft pulley. Slowly release belt tensioner.
- Verify belt is properly routed and engaged on all pulleys.
- Install drive belt shield and lower vehicle.