Removal & Installation
- Clean the timing cover mating surfaces.
- Rotate the engine so that the timing marks are aligned.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Camshaft sprocket attaching bolt
- Rotate the engine so the timing arrow is at the 12 o-clock position.
- Lubricate the chain and sprockets with clean oil.
- Hold the camshaft sprocket and chain and place the chain around the sprocket aligning the plated link with the dot on the sprocket. Position the timing arrow at the 6 o-clock position.
- Place the chain around the crankshaft sprocket with the plated link lined up with the dot on the sprocket and install the camshaft sprocket.
- Use a straight edge to check the timing alignment marks.
- Align the timing chain colored links with the dots on the timing sprockets.
- Tighten the camshaft sprocket bolt to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm).
- Rotate the crankshaft 2 revolutions and verify the proper timing chain alignment, if not remove the components and reinstall as described above.