Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Place a C-clamp over the caliper as illustrated, place a screw drive head against the outboard pad and hook against the rear of the caliper. Slowly tighten the screw drive and retract the caliper pistons into their bores and breaking the outboard brake pad from the caliper fingers.
- Once the pad is free, slide the caliper in on the guides to provide clearance between the rotor and inboard pad.
- Place an appropriate prytool through the center opening in the top of the caliper behind the inboard pad between the pistons using care not to contact the piston boots. Pry the pad to free it from the pistons.
- Remove the two caliper guide pin bolts and caliper.
- Completely compress the caliper pistons
Install or connect the following:
Caliper and align the guide pin bolt holes with the guide pins. Install the pin bolts and tighten to 32 ft. lbs. (43 Nm).
- Bleed the brake system and road test the vehicle.