Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Place a C-clamp over the caliper as illustrated, place a screw drive head against the outboard pad and hook against the rear of the caliper. Slowly tighten the screw drive and retract the caliper pistons into their bores and breaking the outboard brake pad from the caliper fingers.
- Once the pad is free, slide the caliper in on the guides to provide clearance between the rotor and inboard pad.
- Place an appropriate prytool through the center opening in the top of the caliper behind the inboard pad between the pistons using care not to contact the piston boots. Pry the pad to free it from the pistons.
Remove the two caliper guide pin bolts and position the caliper aside. Remove the brake pads.
- Completely compress the caliper pistons
Install or connect the following:
Brake pads with anti-rattle clips onto the adapter
- Check and adjust the brake system fluid level and road test the vehicle.