This vehicle is equipped with permanently sealed front wheel bearings. There is no periodic lubrication or maintenance recommended for these units.
Removal & Installation
Replacement of front hub and bearing assembly can normally be done without having to remove steering knuckle from vehicle. In event that hub/bearing is frozen in steering knuckle and cannot be removed by hand, it will have to be pressed out of steering knuckle. Steering knuckle will then require removal before hub and bearing can be pressed out.
- Raise and support vehicle.
- Remove wheel mounting nuts, then tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove cotter pin , lock and spring washer from halfshaft stub shaft.
With aid of a helper applying brakes to keep front hub from turning, remove hub nut and washer.
- Access and remove front brake rotor.
- Disconnect vehicle wiring harness connector from wheel speed sensor connector.
Unclip wheel speed sensor connector and routing clip from frame rail outer reinforcement.
Remove screw fastening wheel speed sensor routing bracket to strut assembly.
Open routing clip at knuckle and remove wheel speed sensor cable.