Removal & Installation
- Release the fuel pressure, refer to the Fuel Pressure Release Procedure in this section.
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
- Remove fuel tank.
- Vacuum area before removing module lock ring.
- Disconnect lines from top of the module.
Remove module lock ring.
NOTEUse a brass punch to remove the 1/4 turn lock ring.
- Drain fuel tank, use an approved gasoline draining station.
- Remove module from fuel tank.
- Remove wire from side of regulator, depress tab on the connector in order to remove the ground wire.
- Use a socket to compress the 4 tabs that retain regulator.
- Pry up regulator and remove regulator and o-rings.
- Lightly lubricate the O-rings with clean engine oil and place them onto regulator.
- Push regulator down and into place.
- Install ground wire.
- Install module and gasket seal.
- Ensure seal is properly positioned in fuel tank groove.
Install the module lock ring.
NOTEUse a brass punch to Install the 1/4 turn lock ring. Make sure all 5 tabs are properly seated.
- Connect fuel line and vapor lines.
- Install fuel tank.
- Connect negative battery cable.
- Fill fuel tank. Use the scan tool to pressurize the fuel system. Check for leaks.