- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- At the Power Distribution Center (PDC), remove the Fuel Pump Relay.
- Operate the engine until the engine stalls; then, continue restarting the engine until it will no longer run.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF .
- Place a rag or towel below the fuel line quick connect fitting at the fuel rail.
- Disconnect the quick connect fitting at the fuel rail.
At the Power Distribution Center (PDC), install the fuel pump relay.
NOTEAfter servicing the fuel system one or more Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC-s) may be stored in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) memory. A DRB scan tool must by used to clear the DTC-s.