Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative cable from battery.
- Remove the knee blocker airbag.
- Remove the instrument panel center bezel.
Remove the 2 switch mounting nuts.
- Loosen the rear mounting nut.
Slide the assembly rearward.
Disconnect the electrical connector from the ignition switch and SKREEM module.
Remove the interlock cable by depressing the locking tab and pulling straight out.
- Remove ignition switch mounting screw.
Squeeze the 2 locking tabs to remove ignition switch from the lockhousing.
- A tab on the ignition switch indexes to a notch in the lock cylinder housing. Also, a slot in the end of the ignition switch fits over the shaft in the end of the lock cylinder housing. Use the ignition key to rotate the lock cylinder to align the ignition switch with lock cylinder housing.
- Tighten the mounting screw.
- Attach electrical connector to SKREEM module.
- Attach electrical connector to ignition switch.
- Install the interlock cable into the switch assembly.
- Install the switch assembly into the instrument panel. Make sure that the rear mounting nut is in the correct position.
- Tighten the 2 mounting nuts.
- Install the instrument panel center bezel.
- Install the knee blocker airbag.
- Connect the negative battery cable.