Removal & Installation
- Lift up the wiper arm nut cover by pivoting out of the way.
- Remove the rear wiper arm retaining nut.
- Lift the rear wiper arm off the rear window and gently rock the arm back and forth until it comes off, or use an appropriate battery terminal puller to pull the arm off the rear motor shaft.
- Place the rear wiper arm on the rear wiper motor shaft. Align the wiper blade with the lower rear window defogger line, also known as the Electric Backlight (EBL) line.
- Install the rear wiper arm retaining nut. Tighten the nut to 105 inch lbs. (11.86 Nm).
- Flip down the rear wiper arm nut cover.
- Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
- Remove the rear wiper arm.
- Open the liftgate, and remove the liftgate trim panel.
- Disconnect the rear wiper motor electrical connector.
- Remove the three rear wiper motor mounting screws.
- Remove the rear wiper motor from the liftgate.
- Position the rear wiper motor into position on the liftgate and install the three rear wiper motor mounting screws. Tighten screws to 55 inch lbs. (6 Nm).
- Connect the rear wiper motor electrical connector.
- Install the liftgate trim panel.
- Install the rear wiper arm.
- Connect the battery negative cable.