Buick Park Avenue 1996-1999
Oldsmobile Delta 88 1986-1988
Before beginning the enabling procedure, read all service precautions.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and tape the end of cable to avoid possible terminal contact. Remove the IR fuse.
- Reconnect the IR inflator connector at the base of the steering column, if disconnected.
- Install the sound insulator and lamp, if removed.
- Install the IR fuse and connect the battery cable.
Buick Park Avenue 1998-1999
Oldsmobile Regency 1998
After the necessary repairs have been made, re-enable the air bag system as follows:
- Turn the steering wheel so the front wheels are in the straight-ahead position.
- Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Install or connect the following:
Yellow 2-way connector at the base of the steering column and the connector retainer
Turn the ignition switch to the
position. Verify that the INFLATABLE RESTRAINT indicator lamp flashes 7-9 times, then remains OFF. If the lamp does not function as specified, there is a malfunction in the air bag system.