Buick Park Avenue 1996-1999
Oldsmobile Delta 88 1986-1988
Proper and safe operation requires the sensor, brackets and wiring to be installed in the exact locations of design. The information provided is to help you understand the system and disarm the system if other non-air bag system service are to be performed. Before beginning the disabling procedure, read all service precautions.
- Turn the steering wheel so wheels are facing straight ahead and turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position. Remove the key from the ignition.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and tape the end of cable to avoid possible terminal contact.
- Remove the IR fuse from the fuse block.
- Remove the left side sound insulator and lamp.
- Disconnect the IR inflator connector from the base of the steering column.
- If necessary, connect the negative battery cable. The system is now safe for servicing.
Buick Park Avenue 1998-1999
Oldsmobile Regency 1998
- Turn the steering wheel so the front wheels are in the straight-ahead position.
- Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position.
Remove or disconnect the following:
NOTEThe position of the fuse on the panel varies according to model and year. Consult the vehicle owner's manual for fuse location.
Negative battery cable
Left-hand sound insulator trim panel under the instrument panel