Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Lubricate the pushrod tips and put them in their proper locations.
- Lubricate the rocker arms and pedestals and install them. Be sure the pushrod tips are properly seated in the rocker arms.
- Apply thread locking compound to the rocker arm pedestal bolt threads. Torque the bolts to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm) plus an additional 90 degree turn.
- Apply suitable thread locking compound to the rocker arm cover bolts.
Install or connect the following:
Rocker arm cover using a new gasket. Torque the bolts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
Run the engine and check for leaks and proper engine operation.