Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fender wheel opening molding; you may find it easier or even necessary to remove the hood, depending on the model of car.
- Remove wheel housing panel.
- Remove the grille and headlamp assembly.
- Remove the bottom fender bolt(s).
- Note the installed position of the support bracket, then remove the brackets.
- Note the amount and placement of adjustment shims. Remove the nuts and adjusting shims.
An outer fender panel with plastic inner panel may be used. Care must be taken in handling the unsupported fender due to the lack of rigidity prior to installation.
- Remove the inner fender screws, then remove the fender assembly from the vehicle.
- Install the fender assembly.
- Check adjustment of the hood, door and fender for proper alignment.
- After all adjustments have been made, tighten all retaining bolts.
- Install grille, headlamp assembly, hood and other items remove during disassembly.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check for proper operation of all lights and accessory disconnected earlier.