Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fender wheel opening molding; you may find it easier or even necessary to remove the hood, depending on the model of car.
- Remove wheel housing panel.
- Remove the grille and headlamp assembly.
- Remove the bottom fender bolt(s).
- Note the installed position of the support bracket, then remove the brackets.
- Note the amount and placement of adjustment shims. Remove the nuts and adjusting shims.
- Remove the inner fender screws, then remove the fender assembly from the vehicle.
- Install the fender assembly.
- Check adjustment of the hood, door and fender for proper alignment.
- After all adjustments have been made, tighten all retaining bolts.
- Install grille, headlamp assembly, hood and other items remove during disassembly.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check for proper operation of all lights and accessory disconnected earlier.