Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Position the wheels in the straight ahead position.
- Remove the lower lid from the steering wheel. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Remove the left and right lids. Remove the ASCD steering switch, if equipped.
- Remove the left and right retaining bolts.
Carefully remove the air bag module.
NOTEAlways work from the side of the air bag module. Always place the module with the pad side facing upward. Do not attempt to disassemble the module. Do not reuse the old retaining bolts. Get new ones!
Be sure to use new fasteners, as required.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Do not reuse the old module retaining bolts. Get new ones!
- Using the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent, perform the SRS self diagnostic test and any reconnect/relearn procedures, as required.