Removal & Installation
The actuator contains the electric isolation and dump solenoids. It also contains the small accumulator into which released brake fluid is routed and stored. The accumulator only retains fluid under pressure when the R-ABS is in operation.
The hydraulic actuator unit is mounted on the frame rail ahead of the right rear wheel.
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the brake fluid.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Locate the actuator under the right side of the vehicle. Detach the brake lines and the electrical connectors.
Unfasten the mounting bolts and remove the actuator.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Install the actuator and tighten the mounting bolts to specification.
- Fasten the brake lines and electrical connectors.
- Refill the master cylinder with new brake fluid and bleed the brake system.
- Using the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent, perform the SRS self diagnostic test and any reconnect/relearn procedures, as required.