Removal & Installation
At this time the manufacturer does not provide removal and installation procedures for this component. The following procedure is a guideline and may differ from the vehicle you are servicing.
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the tension spring on the clutch fork.
- Position a fluid catch pan under the component.
- Remove the hydraulic line from the release cylinder. Be careful not to damage the fitting.
Cap the line openings immediately to prevent system contamination or excessive fluid loss.
- Turn the release cylinder pushrod in sufficiently to gain clearance from the fork.
Remove the mounting bolts and withdraw the cylinder.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Install the hydraulic line from the master cylinder.
- Position the cylinder on the clutch housing and install the clamp and retaining screws. Tighten the attaching bolts to specification.
- Bleed the system.
- Using the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent, perform the SRS self diagnostic test and any reconnect/relearn procedures, as required.