At this time the manufacturer does not provide removal and installation procedures for this component. The following procedure is a guideline and may differ from the vehicle you are servicing.
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Properly discharge the air conditioning system.
- Remove the necessary components to gain access to the compressor.
- Disconnect the electrical connections.
- Disconnect and plug the refrigerant lines.
- Remove the drive belt(s).
- It may be necessary to remove the IACV-FICD solenoid valve.
- Remove the compressor retaining bolts.
Remove the compressor from its mounting.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Adjust the drive belt(s).
- Be sure to properly recharge the air conditioning system.
- Using the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent, perform the SRS self diagnostic test and any reconnect/relearn procedures, as required.