Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Properly discharge the air conditioning system.
- Remove the coolant reservoir tank.
- Remove the side marker lamps.
- Remove the front grille.
- Remove the harness clip from the hood lock stay, if equipped.
- Remove the hood lock stay plate and brace.
- Remove the refrigerant line hose clamp from the radiator support.
- Disconnect the high pressure hose at the condenser. Plug the line.
- Disconnect the dual pressure switch connector.
- Disconnect the high pressure tube at the liquid tank. Plug the line.
- Remove the condenser retaining bolts.
Remove the condenser from its mounting.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure to properly recharge the air conditioning system.
- Using the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent, perform the SRS self diagnostic test and any reconnect/relearn procedures, as required.