Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove all drive belt(s).
Unfasten the fan shroud securing bolts, then remove the fan shroud.
NOTERemoving the radiator and/or A/C condenser may facilitate fan removal.
Loosen the fan-to-fluid coupling bolts, then remove the fan.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Position the fan on the fluid coupling and tighten the bolts evenly to specification.
- Install the fan shroud.
- Install and adjust drive belts.
- Check the cooling system level and add as necessary. Start the engine and check for proper operation.
- Using the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent, perform the SRS self diagnostic test and any reconnect/relearn procedures, as required.