Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the transmission.
Remove the flexplate retaining bolts. Remove the flexplate.
- Position the flexplate. Secure it using new retaining bolts.
- Torque the bolts in a crisscross pattern to specification.
- Continue the installation in the reverse order of the removal procedure.
- Using the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent, perform the SRS self diagnostic test and any reconnect/relearn procedures, as required.