Removal & Installation
At this time the manufacturer does not provide removal and installation procedures for this component. The following procedure is a guideline and may differ from the vehicle you are servicing.
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the coolant. Be sure to properly dispose of used coolant.
Remove the air cleaner hoses.
- Disconnect the radiator hoses from the intake manifold.
- Remove the throttle cable, then disconnect the fuel pipe and the return fuel line. Plug the fuel pipe to prevent fuel spillage.
- Remove the intake manifold retaining bolts.
Remove the manifold from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Clean the gasket mounting surfaces, then install the intake manifold on the engine.
NOTEAlways use a new intake manifold gasket.
- Tighten the mounting bolts outward from the center (using multiple passes) to specification.
- Fill the cooling system with the proper grade and type coolant.
- Start the engine and check for leaks, correct as required.
- Using the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent, perform the SRS self diagnostic test and any reconnect/relearn procedures, as required.