Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Drain the engine oil. Be sure to properly dispose of used oil.
- Remove the stabilizer bar retaining bolts and nuts from the side member.
- Raise and support the engine.
Remove the oil pan retaining bolts in the sequence shown in the illustration.
Remove the oil pan from its mounting. It may be necessary to use an oil pan removal tool to separate the pan from the block.
Be sure to use new fasteners, as required.
- Remove all traces of old gasket material from the block and the pan.
Apply a continuous bead of liquid sealer to the mating surface of the pan. Allow 0.28 inch clearance around the bolt holes.
Install the pan to the block. Tighten the retaining bolts to 56-74 inch lbs. (6-3 Nm).
NOTEWait at least 30 minutes before filling the engine with clean engine oil.
- Fill the engine with clean engine oil.
- Continue the installation in the reverse order of the removal procedure.
- Using the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent, perform the SRS self diagnostic test and any reconnect/relearn procedures, as required.