Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the door panel, as required.
- Disconnect the electrical connector, as required.
- Remove the mirror assembly retaining screws/bolts.
- Remove the component from its mounting.
Remove the gasket.
Be sure to use new fasteners, as required.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Using the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent, perform the SRS self diagnostic test and any reconnect/relearn procedures, as required.