Drain & Refill
Be sure that the engine is at operating temperature before draining the transmission. Be careful as the transmission fluid will be HOT.
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
Drain the transmission. Be sure to properly dispose of used fluid. Be careful the fluid will be HOT.
NOTEBe sure to measure the amount of fluid drained so you can replace it with the same amount.
- Remove the pan retaining bolts.
Remove the pan. Discard the gasket.
Be sure to use new fasteners, as required.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Tighten the drain plug to 22-29 ft. lbs.
- Fill the transmission with the same amount of fluid that was previously removed. Be sure to use new fluid.
- Be sure to use the proper grade and type fluid.
- Run the engine at idle speed for five minutes.
- Check the fluid and correct as required.
- Using the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent, perform the SRS self diagnostic test and any reconnect/relearn procedures, as required.