Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Park the vehicle on a level surface. Run the engine until normal operating temperature is reached.
- Turn the steering all the way to the left and then all the way to the right several times. Center the steering wheel and shut off the engine.
- Open the hood and check the power steering reservoir fluid level.
- Remove the filler cap and wipe the attached dipstick clean.
Reinsert the dipstick and tighten the cap. Remove the dipstick and note the fluid level indicated on the dipstick.
- The level should be at any point below the upper hash mark, but not below the lower hash mark (in the HOT or COLD ranges).
- Add fluid as necessary, but do not overfill.