Drain & Refill
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
Remove the drain plug.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Tighten the front differential drain plug to 29-43 ft. lbs.
- Tighten the rear differential drain plug to 43-72 ft. lbs.
- Be sure to use the proper grade and type fluid.
- Using the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent, perform the SRS self diagnostic test and any reconnect/relearn procedures, as required.