Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel assemblies.
- Attach a clear vinyl tube to the bleeder plug on the brake caliper, and insert the other end into a jar half filled with brake fluid. Bleed off a small amount of brake fluid.
Disconnect and plug the brake line.
NOTEBe sure to position a catch pan under the caliper to catch used fluid. Properly dispose of used brake fluid.
Remove both caliper slide pin bolts and lift out the caliper. If necessary, compress the piston(s) in the caliper's cylinder body before removing the caliper.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Press the caliper piston(s) back into the housing until they are flush, then install the caliper. Tighten the mounting bolts to specification.
- Reconnect the brake line.
- Using the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent, perform the SRS self diagnostic test and any reconnect/relearn procedures, as required.