Removal & Installation
At this time the manufacturer does not provide removal and installation procedures for this component. The following procedure is a guideline and may differ from the vehicle you are servicing.
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel assemblies.
- Carefully siphon brake fluid from the master cylinder to an acceptable level.
- Compress the piston(s) in the brake caliper. Remove the caliper slide pin bolt.
- Swivel the caliper up and away from the torque plate. Tie the caliper to a suspension member so it's out of the way. Do not disconnect the brake line. Do not allow the caliper to hang by the brake hose.
- Remove the grease cap from the hub. Remove the cotter pin and the castellated nut.
- Remove the wheel hub with the brake disc attached.
Remove the rotor.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure to refill the master cylinder with the proper grade and type fluid.
- Bleed the brakes, as required.
- Using the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent, perform the SRS self diagnostic test and any reconnect/relearn procedures, as required.