Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the front tire and wheel assemblies.
Set the auto-lock free-running hub to the
- Remove the locking hub cover using a Torx® wrench, while the brake pedal is depressed.
- Remove the spring, brake A , the snapring using the appropriate pliers, then remove washer B , washer A and brake B .
If wheel bearing removal is desired, after removing the auto lock hub assembly components remove the lock washer set screw. Remove the lock washer for access to the wheel bearing locknut, then remove the locknut and the wheel bearing is free for removal.
- Make sure the hub is in the free position and then install washer B , washer A and brake B .
- Install the snapring.
- Install the hub cover and tighten the bolts to specification.
- Continue the installation in the reverse order of the removal procedure.
- Using the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent, perform the SRS self diagnostic test and any reconnect/relearn procedures, as required.