Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the front tire and wheel assemblies.
- Set the knob of the manual lock to the free position.
- Remove the locking hub cover using a Torx® wrench, while the brake pedal is depressed.
Remove the snapring and pull out the drive clutch.
Be sure to use new fasteners, as required.
- Install the drive clutch and snapring. Make sure the hub is in the free position.
- Install the hub cover and tighten the bolts to specification.
- Continue the installation in the reverse order of the removal procedure.
- Using the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent, perform the SRS self diagnostic test and any reconnect/relearn procedures, as required.