Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
Remove the torsion bar spring.
NOTEMake matching marks on the anchor arm crossmember when loosening the adjusting nut until there is no tension on the torsion bar and remove the torsion bar.
- Separate the lower ball joint from the knuckle spindle on 2WD. On 4WD, separate it from the control arm.
- Remove the front lower control arm attaching nut.
If necessary, remove the bushing of the lower control arm spindle from the frame using a suitable bushing press tool.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Using the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent, perform the SRS self diagnostic test and any reconnect/relearn procedures, as required.
- Check and adjust front end alignment, as required.