Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the shock upper retaining nut.
Remove the bolts retaining the upper ball joint on the upper control arm.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel assemblies.
- Support the lower control arm with a floor jack (this service step is very important).
Remove the upper link spindle retaining bolts.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Tighten the spindle end nut with camber adjusting shims. Tighten the nuts to 52-76 ft. lbs. (71-83 Nm). Check the dimensions
in the illustration. Dimension
should be 4.33 in. (110mm). Dimension
should be 1.26 in. (32mm).
- Using the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent, perform the SRS self diagnostic test and any reconnect/relearn procedures, as required.
- Check and adjust front end alignment, as required.