Removal & Installation
At this time the manufacturer does not provide removal and installation procedures for this component. The following procedure is a guideline and may differ from the vehicle you are servicing.
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the freewheeling hub assembly, if equipped with 4WD.
- Remove the brake caliper assembly. Do not remove the caliper from the vehicle. Do not allow the caliper to hang by the brake hose. Position it to the side using mechanics wire or equivalent.
- If equipped with 4WD, remove the lock washer.
- Remove the wheel bearing locknut.
Remove the wheel hub and bearing. Be careful not to drop the outer bearing.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Using the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent, perform the SRS self diagnostic test and any reconnect/relearn procedures, as required.