Removal & Installation
At this time the manufacturer does not provide removal and installation procedures for this component. The following procedure is a guideline and may differ from the vehicle you are servicing.
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the accelerator cable.
- Tag and disconnect all necessary hoses, cables and brackets.
- Disengage the throttle position (TP) sensor electrical connector.
Unbolt and remove the throttle body assembly.
- Install the throttle body to the intake using a new gasket. Tighten the bolts to 14 ft. lbs. (19 Nm).
- Engage the TP sensor electrical connector.
- Reconnect all necessary hoses, cables and brackets as tagged during removal.
- Connect the throttle cable.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.
- Using the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent, check TP sensor for proper operation.
- Using the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent, perform the SRS self diagnostic test and any reconnect/relearn procedures, as required.