At this time the manufacturer does not provide removal and installation procedures for this component. The following procedure is a guideline and may differ from the vehicle you are servicing.
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Loosen the hose clamps at each end of the hose that requires replacement.
Twist, pull and slide the hose off the radiator, water pump, thermostat housing or heater connection.
- Clean the hose mounting connections. Inspect the hose clamps and replace any which are rusted or worn.
- Position the hose clamps on the new hose.
- Coat the connection surfaces with a water resistant sealer or equivalent and slide the hose into position. Make sure the hose clamps are located beyond the raised bead of the connector (if equipped) and centered in the clamping area of the connection.
- Tighten the clamps evenly. Do not over tighten.
- Refill the cooling system.
- Start the engine and allow it to reach normal operating temperature. Check for coolant leaks, then top off the coolant level as necessary.
- Using the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent, perform the SRS self diagnostic test and any reconnect/relearn procedures, as required.