Removal & Installation
At this time the manufacturer does not provide removal and installation procedures for this component. The following procedure is a guideline and may differ from the vehicle you are servicing.
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the steering wheel and the column covers.
- Drill out the shear bolts holding the lock assembly in place and remove the conventional bolts.
- Disconnect the wiring from the switch and remove the assembly.
- Unscrew the retaining bolts in the lock cylinder and separate the switch from the lock.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Connect the switch to the lock cylinder and tighten the retaining screws evenly.
- Make sure that the hole in the column and the mating part of the lock cylinder are aligned. Install new shear bolts and break off their heads.
- Connect the electrical lead to the switch and then install the column covers.
- Using the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent, perform the SRS self diagnostic test and any reconnect/relearn procedures, as required.