Removal & Installation
It may be necessary to remove the steering column assembly to complete this procedure.
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the steering column cover.
- Remove the lower instrument panel covers.
- Remove cluster lid A.
- Remove the combination meter.
- Remove the glove box.
- Remove the ashtray.
- Remove cluster lid C.
- Remove the audio and deck pocket.
- Remove the heater/AC controls.
- Remove the lower center instrument stay.
- Remove the ventilator grilles and defroster grille.
- Remove the left and right front pillar garnishes.
- Remove the instrument panel assembly retaining bolts.
- Remove the instrument panel.
- Remove the center console.
Remove the automatic transmission finisher.
Be sure to use new fasteners, as required.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Using the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent, perform the SRS self diagnostic test and any reconnect/relearn procedures, as required.