Removal & Installation
Door Trim Panel
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Fully lower the door glass.
- Remove the arm rest, door lock knob and inside door handle escutcheon.
- For vehicles with manual windows, remove the regulator handle which is retained by a spring clip.
Gently pry the door panel away from the door.
Be sure to use new fasteners, as required.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Using the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent, perform the SRS self diagnostic test and any reconnect/relearn procedures, as required.