At this time the manufacturer does not provide removal and installation procedures for this component. The following procedure is a guideline and may differ from the vehicle you are servicing.
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Position the front wheels in the straight ahead position.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Unbolt the wormshaft pinch bolt at the rubber coupling.
- Matchmark the pitman arm and sector shaft, and with the wheels in a straight ahead position, remove the pitman arm with a puller.
Unbolt and remove the gear from the frame.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- When installing the pitman arm align the four grooves of the gear arm with the four projections of the sector shaft. See illustration.
- Using the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent, perform the SRS self diagnostic test and any reconnect/relearn procedures, as required.