At this time the manufacturer does not provide removal and installation procedures for this component. The following procedure is a guideline and may differ from the vehicle you are servicing.
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Position the front wheels in the straight ahead position.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Matchmark and remove the pitman arm from the sector shaft, using a puller tool.
- Matchmark and disconnect the steering stub shaft from the gear at the coupling.
- Disconnect the fluid lines from the gear and cap the lines and openings in the gear.
Unbolt and remove the gear assembly from the frame.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- When installing the pitman arm align the four grooves of the gear arm with the four projections of the sector shaft. See illustration.
- Be sure to refill the system with the proper grade and type fluid.
- Using the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent, perform the SRS self diagnostic test and any reconnect/relearn procedures, as required.