Nissan Pickup 1996-1997
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Fill the pump reservoir with the proper grade and type fluid.
- Rotate the steering wheel from lock-to-lock several times. Add fluid as necessary.
Never hold the steering wheel in the lock position for more than 15 seconds.
- Repeat Step 3 until the fluid level in the reservoir remains the same.
- Start the engine. With the engine idling, turn the steering wheel from lock-to-lock several times.
- Lower the vehicle and repeat Step 5.
- Center the wheel at the midpoint of its travel. Stop the engine.
- The fluid level should not have risen more than 5mm.
- Check for fluid leakage.